Who is responsible for your personal information?
What information do we collect?
In particular, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our Website.
- A copy of your driving licence when you test drive a vehicle or are provided with a courtesy car.
- When you enquire about or purchase a vehicle or services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and to process and complete your purchase.
- Details about the transactions you carry out with us including vehicle support services, vehicle purchases and purchases of other goods.
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our premises.
- Information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, letters and text messages.
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer is located) and the resources that you access (including the pages of our Website that you view).
- We will collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
- We also collect information to enable third parties to carry out credit reference checks on you (if you are purchasing a vehicle on finance) and we will receive and process information about the outcome of those checks in order to complete your purchase.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in connection with our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to queries from you regarding the possible purchase of goods or services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to queries from you regarding those contracts.
- To manage and administer the relationships between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us; and to obtain feedback from you regarding us; and to provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle including, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT undertaken.
In accordance with your preferences, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about vehicles, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. We may use your personal information in order to ascertain the vehicles, services, promotions and offers that are likely to be of particular interest to you. Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this information, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any purchases you make or vehicle support services.
Your personal information may also be used by us and disclosed to third parties, in order to comply with any legal or contractual obligation
With whom do we share your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement agencies in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- We may pass your personal information to a third party finance company for the purposes of them providing you with finance. Those organisations may carry out credit checks and may disclose your data to credit reference agencies for that purpose.
- We may pass your personal information to the relevant franchise manufacturer partner relating to your vehicle. They may contact you directly regarding your vehicle and to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers.
- We may pass your personal information to third party organisations that provide services to us (including assisting us with carrying out marketing activities)
- If you purchase a used vehicle from us, we may pass your personal information onto Car Care Plan to provide the warranty and roadside assistance
- We will pass your personal information to third party providers of insurance products that we offer, if you take up the option of purchasing one of those products
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access your personal information. To request access to your personal information, please contact us using the details below. As we take the issue of protecting your personal data seriously, we follow strict storage and disclosure procedures which means that we may occasionally require proof of identity from you prior to disclosing such information.
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information (including your marketing preferences) by writing to us using the details below.
Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details below.
You have the right to request that we delete your personal data and unless there is a reason that the law allows us to use your personal information for longer, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you:
By email: email@example.com
Or write to us at: Data Protection Officer, D Stoker Group Ltd, 1 Ironworks Road, Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 2PG.
When you visit our site, we will put "cookies" onto your computer. Cookies are just a small ‘text file’ that is placed on to your computer by our website as you visit us.
A cookie does not allow us to identify you. They are widely used across all websites in order to help make websites work, or work more efficiently by “remembering” your choices, which we can use the next time you visit us. Cookies help us to help you.
As you may be aware, no data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure. As a result, while we will always use reasonable endeavours to protect the personal information you provide to us, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and the use of our facilities (e.g. e-mail) is at your own risk.
Changes to this policy
We pride ourselves on keeping up to the minute in terms of the advances in technology and legal developments. As these areas are changing at an ever increasing rate, we request that you refer to our web site on a regular basis in order to ensure that you are aware of our most recent Policies and Terms and Conditions.